HIKE FOR A CAUSE - SUGARLOAF MARYLAND
JOIN US FOR A FUN DAY OF HIKING AS WE HELP RAISE FUNDS TO HELP CREATE A COMPUTER LEARNING ENVIRONMENT CENTER FOR THE PEOPLE OF NEPAL AT KATHMANDU UNIVERSITY.
This Project will support the integration of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) by the future primary and secondary school teachers and school administrators. They will gain mastery in incorporating ICT in their daily courses, presentations and grading.
This event includes hike, Nepali welcome, and sharing a picnic at the top of Sugarloaf Mountain.
Learn more about Nepal and Altruistic Odyssey's projects in Nepal. Meet Nepali during the hike as well. Listen to stories of Westerners having had a connection with Nepal.
Participants will have the choice between 2 paths.
• 9AM Welcoming Nepali Ceremony
• 9:30AM Group Photo
• 10AM Guided Hike
• 11:30 Noon Picnic at the Top
• 12:30 PM Guided Hike
• 1:30PM to 2PM Nepal Story telling at the Winery near by refreshments + how you can contribute to AO.
Saturday, June 20, 2020
9am – 2pm
WHAT TO BRING
- Extra pair of socks and shoes, extra t-shirt
- back pack
- lunch snacks for on top of the mountain picnic
- 2 to 3 liters of water
- hiking poles if you have them
- A rain protection ...just in case
There are bathrooms available in the park.